Thursday, September 27, 2012

Well helloooo half-Kathy

I am sitting in what feels like a dream today.  I am now wearing size 16's as of this morning.  When I started Optifast in February, I was wearing size 34 pants in my body assessment photos.  Now I'm in a size 16, more than half of the person I used to be.  As I got dressed for work, excuse me, but I felt gorgeous!  To some people, they would be mortified to be in a 16, but for me, well I never even imagined to experience such a thing.  A couple of friends from work gave me some of their old clothes for the time when my body was ready to fit into them.  So I put them away in my spare bedroom closet.  Nothing else was hanging in there except clothes just waiting for me to catch up.  They were in there for months.  Slowly, some of them started to fit me and now the smallest size of the bunch fit. 

As I was driving to work, I think the enormity of it all hit me and I just started to cry.  They were absolutely tears of joy in gratitude to God.  I felt so humbled and incredibly thankful to have this happening to me in my life.  Of course, I put in the work to make it happen, but you seriously could not wipe the smile off of my face today.  Here I am, 183 pounds down from my highest weight and clothes nine sizes smaller.  Wow.

 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment