Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here I am seven months later

All of a sudden I find myself having been in the Optifast world for seven months.  It was February 6th when I sat in my first meeting.  To know that I haven't had one drop of food in that time is pretty surreal when you think about it.  When I first started, I remember having conversations with people telling them that I would likely be on the full-fast for a year or more.  Never in my wildest imagination would I guess that I would have lost this much weight by now.  To be honest, I don't know if I even had hoped it would be this much.  179 pounds ... that floors me.  I had clothes in my closet that never had any hope of fitting.  There were some things that I couldn't get much further than my head, like one of the free t-shirts given to me at work that I couldn't even stick an arm through before let alone stretch it across my chest.  Now check it out!


 
 
In case you don't recognize it on me, that's pure joy right there!  That's an XL shirt, not 4X like before.  Not every moment of this journey has been that sort of elation.  There are days when it's really hard to walk through those emotions and having a smaller body that I don't know what to do with.  Lately it's been really hard and yet I also know that it is worth every tear shed and every moment of uncertainty.  I am working on rebuilding what was broken and finding myself again.  Not even "again" ... I would say finding myself for the first time in my life.  Look at that girl.  That's a living, breathing miracle right before you.  God is shining so brightly through me.

4 comments:

connieknapp@hotmail.com said...

OMG, OMG, OMG. Kathy, you are amazing. I just cannot believe how great you look!!!!!! I absolutely love your blogs and although I don't normally comment, I just couldn't resist. Please consider posting this on facebook so others can see you. You have lost my husband - he weighs 180 lbs! I would love to meet you someday. I still think it would be great if several of us get together in a central place - i.e., Chicago, just not winter - for a Optifast success seminar. I feel like I know you already.

Anonymous said...

You look amazing Kathy!!! Almost as amazing as the joy radiating from your smile :) - Tessa

Melissa said...

I LOVE the pic of you holding up your arms in triumph! You walk the walk with style, grace and wisdom. So thrilled I am along for the ride! xoxo

Kathy said...

Thanks for being so supportive, my friends. Connie, I did post it on the Optifast FB page - thanks for the reminder to share how great the benefits of the program are with other people. And yes, we must make plans to meet up in the future. Tessa and Melissa - I can't believe I'm lifting up my arms but when you're feeling joyful, you just don't care!!

Post a Comment