Saturday, September 1, 2012

Picture proof of a miracle

I was sitting in my car putting on some lip gloss before running some errands, looked down and was just completely blown away.  I had a memory of a time, not too long ago, when my tummy was touching the steering wheel as I sat on the driver's seat of my SUV.  I know I blogged about this in the beginning of my journey but I got a seat belt extension to feel more comfortable because I was being practically choked every time I drove.  I know the extension wasn't approved, but I did what I had to do at the time.  As I have lost weight, I could see the space between me and the steering wheel growing farther and farther apart.  Today I was practically in tears when I snapped the latest pic.  Check it out below.

The seat and seat back is in the same position.  On the left, as I began Optifast; middle, 53 lbs lost; right, 174.5 lbs lost.
How crazy is the gap between the beginning and now?  Even when I have my emotionally difficult days, I take a look at the evidence in tangible, visual ways and I completely get that I am part of a miracle being performed.  Thank you, God, for this.  I'm completely humbled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment