Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Day 1 down

I'm happy to report that I made it through day one just fine.  I was super hungry, but we were warned in our group that the first three days are very hard to get through.  I felt like the shakes were very filling when I would have them, but then about an hour and a half later, I felt ravenous.  So I did drink a lot of fluids, mostly water, to get myself through.  I also need to watch the clock a bit more because I went just a little bit too long between shakes.  But, for my first day, it was pretty good.  One thing I noticed is that it is going to take a little time for old habits to change.  I had a doctor's appointment and the thought was in my head to pick up something for lunch on the way back to the office and then the realization hit me that I am not eating food, so I can't do that.  It will just take time and I get that.  I do have to say, though, I am grateful I made the decision to tell people what I'm doing because the support I have received has just been utterly amazing.  I can't imagine doing this without having that support.  It would really be impossible, especially during those times when it may seem easy to give in to the urge to eat.  Anyway, off to start my day.  Bring it on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment