Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly weigh-in & cancer update

I went in for an early weigh-in tonight because I have a school assignment I have to work on, but wanted to say with this week's weight loss, I'm now down to 91.5 pounds lost in the last three months.  I'm super grateful, to say the least.  In terms of being tested to see if I have thyroid cancer, I received a call today to schedule an appointment with an endo to take a look at the cyst.  The results from my sonogram should be in on Wednesday or Thursday, so more waiting for me.  I'm doing pretty good with not worrying about it, though.  Besides, that is not helping me in the slightest to worry about it.  I just keep having to remember that God is in charge, not me.

4 comments:

Truth Teller said...

The last three months??????? Good God you are doing amazingly!!!! Buy yourself a lipstick or do something nice for yourself, it may sound silly but you deserve a reward!!! Great job!!

Kathy said...

It is crazy, isn't it? I was laughing at myself today when I started thinking about the week when I lost no weight or other weeks when I lost less than I thought I should have. And I'm with you ... I think buying myself something fun would be a nice non-food treat, something that makes me feel pretty and special.

Melissa said...

Yes, it's time to celebrate! Massage? Pedicure/manicure? Facial? You deserve the best! On the thyroid: I have thyroid problems and there are different options for managing it. Modern science has advanced so much. I take the medication Synthroid to control my thyroid, which was shrunk after growing very rapidly in a short period of time. I had "Graves Disease" and they treated it by shrinking my thyroid with a radioactive pill. Synthroid keeps me balanced out. Surgical removal is also an option -- and it is quick and easy. I have a friend who had the surgery and she was out of the hospital in a day. And she feels great! So fingers crossed this will all work out!

Kathy said...

Thanks Melissa. I won't get the results until sometime next week, so I keep waiting. But I haven't been obsessing about it at all. I've done my part and that's all I can do.

Post a Comment