Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weekly weigh-in

I had my weigh-in yesterday and initially was super disappointed because I didn't lose any weight.  I was shocked and started blaming myself.  And it was a real eye-opener that I was focused too much on the numbers.  I am the type of person that can get just as obsessed with the numbers that are too high as those that are too low.  Thankfully, I have some great people in my life that helped me get perspective.  I did exercise a lot in the past week and there are many factors that go into not losing any weight.  I decided that I was just going to move on from this and let it go, which I have.  I am in such a healthier place and couldn't be happier about that. 

Yesterday at work, a student I have worked with for four years brought in an Easter gift for me, this yellow pail with a sweet little face painted on it.  As you can see, it was filled with candy (most of which you can't even see in this picture), flower seeds and a sweet little card.  I met this young lady as she was entering as a freshmen and get to see her graduate with a goal of eventually becoming a lawyer.  And I know she'll do it, too.  She is the sweetest girl and actually told me in her card that if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't be going on to college.  Can I just say how much I love working with kids?  There is something so special about them.  This morning I donated all the candy to a woman who always keeps some on hand at her desk for kids and other staff.  I was able to give it all away and not even give it a second thought.  And I'm excited to plant the seeds in the backyard so I can see sunflowers sprouting up.  How fun!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment