Saturday, September 7, 2013

Weigh-in results

I had my second weigh-in after starting Jenny Craig and lost 1.2 pounds.  I was happy with the loss and I also was disappointed.  Reflecting on the week, I knew what contributed to that number.  One is that I skipped several of my meals and snacks this week, not on purpose but I got really busy and didn't take the time to take care of my needs.  The kids came first at work. So I didn't do what I was supposed to do and then made poor decisions a couple of the nights.  However, I'm reminded of what we are told when we fly on airplanes ... in the event of emergency, we must put on our oxygen masks first before we put them on the children.  If we don't, then we won't be able to take care of them.  I need to always remember that my self-care is important, even if that means pulling away for 15 minutes to eat my food.  Whatever it is I need to do, I need to do it.

All that said, I'm grateful for the loss this week.  I'm continuing to see that this is a life-long battle with weight loss but I need to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  I have noticed that the weight loss really helps me be in a better place.  Not only does it help with my physical health, but my emotional one as well.  It feels good to know I'm doing the right things for myself and I know that this coming week will be much improved as well.  Keep trekking on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment