Monday, September 2, 2013

Planning ahead

I had a great day of relaxation.  That's exactly what we should do on Labor Day ... nothing!  I did go for a walk early on in the morning.  I was so glad I decided to do it early and not later in the day.  It has been hot and humid here and I really felt it today.  Yesterday, I went walking with Sara at the beach.  Today I went walking at Discovery Lake, which is inland with hotter temperatures.  After I stretched out, I headed down a ramp to walk around the lake.  I should have had a clue how sticky it was with everyone walking back up absolutely drenched in sweat.  In about ten minutes, I could feel it, too.  For some reason, my left upper thigh really hurts when I walk around the lake and I usually can't go more than two laps these days without needing to stop.  That's weird because I'm able to walk in other situations with some pain but not like I have at the lake.  For example, we walked over three miles yesterday and I was able to last.  Maybe the next time I walk at the lake, I'll walk in the opposite direction to see if perhaps that will help with my leg.

Afterwards, I just sort of hung out at home.  I read, cleaned up a bit and took a yummy nap with a fan blowing right on me.  I love having the time to relax when I need it.  This coming week at work is going to be extremely busy for me, so I need to remember to pace myself and try very hard not to stress out.  In fact, for tomorrow, I need to be very diligent about eating all of my food because I'll be working until about 8 p.m.  Given that I leave for work before 7 a.m., it'll be a long day and so I need to take very good care of myself.  These sort of days take more planning, but it's what I get to do to take care of myself.  Being kind and gentle towards my body is really important.  I probably won't be able to make it to the gym, but I can either do light exercises in the evening or just take a day of rest.  We'll see how I feel when I get home tomorrow night.  Off to go fix my food for tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment