Sunday, September 8, 2013

Funny feeling and fellow bloggers

I went for a beach walk again with Sara.  It's still been hot here so walking in the inland area was out of the question.  We went a few miles on the beach and it was lovely.  We were sweating it up but there was such a nice breeze and sitting in the shade at the end was great.  I know that putting one foot in front of the other is what I need to continue to do to get the weight off.  I am looking forward to the day when my poor body just doesn't hurt as much as it does these days.  The pain in my legs and back, in particular, make me want to sit down and not exercise but I am always grateful when I do.  And when you can walk with a friend, it almost doesn't feel like exercise because you chat the entire time and, poof, before you know it, you've walked a long distance.  Love that.

For the rest of the day, I was pretty darn hungry for each meal and snack I had.  In fact, I was famished.  I couldn't drink enough water and was wondering why I was so incredibly hungry.  Then I looked at my cell phone and figured it out.  I use the app, MapMyWalk, whenever I go walking.  It has my weight in there, so any time I do activity, it calculates how many calories I burned.  For today's beach jaunt, it said I burned over 800 calories.  No wonder why I was hungry!  Since I had time before dinner, I decided to go shopping at Sprouts for some food that I eat with my main Jenny meals.


I think I've turned into one of those people, the one who has a cart full of fruits and veggies.  We've all seen them before and marveled at how they could possibly (a.) eat so much fruit and veggies and (b.) be satisfied with just those foods.  I don't know how it happened, but I think I'm gravitating toward that group more and more.  I eat a lot of that stuff now.  For the most part, I'm very full on it.  You put these foods in with your Jenny foods and then all of sudden you have a huge amount to eat.  It's pretty shocking.  The other things I had in my cart were soymilk and Walden Farms products (salad dressing and barbecue sauce).  If I use those items instead of the JC dressings, I can have as much as I want since there's no calories, fat or carbs in them.  That frees up another fat serving for me to use elsewhere if I want, as suggested to me by my JCC.  So, anyway, as I was shopping, I wasn't feeling so great.  I started getting sweaty and thought that was odd because it was freezing in the store.  I paid for my stuff, got behind the wheel with the AC on my face and felt very shaky.  As I was coming into the house with my groceries, it dawned on me that my blood sugar might be low.  Unlikely, but possible.  And, sure enough, when I got out my meter and tested, I was way too low.  It must have been the exercise coupled with the insulin.  It looks like I'm already going to have to lower my amount of insulin after having started it just a few weeks ago.  Amazing how fast things turn around!

On a different note and total change of conversation, as a blogger, I write about everything under the sun.  If you've been reading my stuff, you know I talk about the gamut and I also talk about very personal things.  Good Lord, my highest weight is on here.  If that's not full disclosure, then I don't know what is!!  I often times will have someone send me a personal note or post a comment on one of my posts that says they've read every single one of my entries, from the starting point to current day.  That's a lot of reading, and I definitely do appreciate it, but I would also think, "Don't you get bored reading about my musings all in a row?"  Then I realized today that I do it, too, when I stumble across a blog that I just absolutely love.  My current one is No Thanks to Cake.  The author of this site has also done JC and has recipes on how to volumize the meals, which I am all over.  I love the different ways people have come up with making the Jenny food bigger in very healthy ways.  I haven't finished reading all of her posts, but can't wait to read each entry.  It can be very addicting reading what people go through and relating to them.  So if you're one of the people that has read my posts regularly, I really appreciate it.  I know several of you root for me and wish me continued good health.  I do the same for you and I cherish your support.  One thing I can say for sure - it's not a dull life.  I've had my ups and downs, but I keep moving forward in this journey.  I promise that I am not giving up on this weight loss/healthy living adventure I'm on.  I feel like I'm the queen of perseverance and really, honestly feel very good things in front of me on that front.  I feel so strongly that Now is Finally the Time.

1 comments:

No Thanks to Cake said...

Playing in Google Analytics tonight, I came across a link to your blog! I'm so excited to have found you! Thank you for your kind words above… and congrats on your weight loss journey! You're doing amazing!!!!! Can't wait to read more and check out your Jenny creations too! xoxo

Post a Comment