Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The coolest thing!

When I was at Kaiser last night for my Optifast class, I did routine blood tests, which is required of my program every other week.  Since I am diabetic, one of the things they test is my hemoglobin A1C level.  This is the daily average of a person's blood sugar level over 2-3 months.  It is a more accurate analysis of how someone is maintaining control of their blood sugar than the daily meter because it takes all numbers into account since we can go high or low.  Kaiser wants diabetics to aim for a number of less than 7%.  I received results of the test this morning.  As you can see from my graph below, I am now under that number, 6.7 to be exact.  Looking at my history over the last three years, that's almost half of where I have been.  I could never begin to express how much this means to me.  This is something so tangible more than just the numbers on the scale.  It's an incredible gift that I have never experienced since I was first diagnosed with diabetes.  Thank you, God, for this.

2 comments:

Truth Teller said...

That's awesome. Where did you get the graph? Did you make it? Amazing work, Kathy!

Kathy said...

Thank you ;-) The graph was just a screen shot from my Kaiser account. They post test results and give you the option of looking at your history. I was so astonished that I just had to post a copy of it on my blog. I don't want to ever forget how it made me feel to see the visual of the graph.

Post a Comment