Sunday, June 17, 2012

Feeling it today

This morning when I got up, the sun was already shining through the windows, beckoning me to throw on my workout clothes, lace up my shoes and get out there for a glorious walk.  I love beautiful, gorgeous days like these and couldn't wait to feel the sunshine on my face.  As I headed out, I felt invigorated.  Yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me.  I spent the afternoon with friends from work at a going-away party for someone that got a promotion.  We all were sad to see him go, but happy for him and his new opportunity.  As I was looking around at the other people there, I was just so grateful that I work at the high school where I work.  I am surrounded by so many wonderful people on a daily basis who are so supportive of me, and I feel the same way for them.  Then, later in the day, I received a letter in the mail from my determatologist saying that the biopsy he just performed turned out to be benign.  I wasn't sitting in fear everyday about that like I would have been previously because I was living in faith about the results, whatever they would be.  As I was walking down the street, I just felt so good inside.

Then, as I turned the corner to head up a hill, I started crying as I listened to music in my headset.  Not sobs, but just the release of these emotions that have been building for a while.  I felt overwhelmed, like I needed to drop down to my knees right then and there in thankfulness to God.  Last year was a horrible year for me - I had cancer that required two surgeries to get rid of, I had an additional surgery due to a work injury on my hand, the man I was dating ripped my heart to shreds and I weighed 417 pounds with compounding medical issues such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, foot problems and so much more.  Contrast that to me on a 3 mile walk that I do everyday in a body that is 121 pounds lighter after just four months on Optifast, I am cancer-free, I am practically off all my medications and I was feeling, wait for it ... joy.  God has supremely blessed me and does so repeatedly.  I am just so grateful and incredibly humbled.  Who knows what He has designed for my future, but I'm excited to not only be in the moment but greet that unknown with a trusting heart for the first time in a very long time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kathy, you are so inspirational -- I am so grateful to God on your behalf for the joy He has brought to you. I also love that pic of the girl bowed in prayer. I've had those same feelings before -- like I just have to go to my knees and thank God over and over again.

Love your blog!!

Sussy

Kathy said...

Thank you, Sussy. There are moments in our lives when all we can do is drop to our knees in thankfulness. Hard to describe, but I know that you know exactly what I mean. Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you on here again in the near future ;-)

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing lady! Your joy and gratitude in spite of having endured such pain last year, is such a thing to behold! You truly are special, and such a role model....a gift....to the rest of us who are struggling along.

Thank You.

Post a Comment