Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A nice even keel

I'm so grateful to report that my day was perfectly even with my blood sugar.  It didn't start out that way ... I awoke in the middle of the night with low blood sugar and the typical symptoms I've been feeling.  Thankfully I had those Costco glucose tablets so I had four of those (you're supposed to have 2-4 if your blood sugar is low) followed by 15 grams of a slow releasing carbohydrate, which is what the doctor's office told me to do.  Once I went back to bed and woke up again, my blood sugar has been 76-83 all day long.  I did check it quite a bit today, but this will help me when I bring my information in to see my doctor on Tuesday.  I did have a hunger headache after work, so I have to watch whether or not I'm eating enough, but I know that I'll get better at that once I find a good balance with my blood sugar.  All of this isn't easy, but I'm thrilled for the victories I have every day.

I also had a cancer check-up with my dermatologist today.  It was a really great visit.  He did find one tiny area that he wants to keep an eye on in case it needs to be biopsied.  We did talk about my weight loss and journey towards being healthier.  He was extremely supportive and encouraging towards me, which I appreciated immensely.  In every direction I turn, I have an incredible amount of support.  Today I received it from him, from friends at work, online friends I've met since I started getting healthier and even parents of students I was working with at the high school.  I am just so blessed and I try never to take that for granted.  Tomorrow I have to do the nerve testing with the worker's comp medical evaluator, which I am not looking forward to.  However, I know that the pain will pass and it's being done to accurately diagnose all the pain I'm dealing with from my injury.  I just need to breathe through it.  The good part is that, later in the day, I get to see my acupuncturist.  That is such a relaxing and serene experience each time I go, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

I love days that are nice and even.  No drama, just peaceful.  Ahhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment