Monday, May 14, 2012

Weight loss and body image

For the week, I've lost 6.5 pounds and am down 105 pounds.  This week was a weird because I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday so I found out about some of my weight loss a little early.  I'm grateful for the continued weight loss, though, that feels good.

The changes that I am going through are not only exciting for me, but other people in my life.  I can't tell you how many times today people said to me, "Kathy, you look amazing!!"  Sometimes when I look in the mirror, all I can see is all the weight I have left to lose and not all the weight I've lost so far.  Then other times, I'll get shocked by the image that looks back at me.  There are bones that got lost under all the excess.  There's a freshness to my skin I've never had before.  It's just such an amazing time and, trust me, I don't take it for granted at all.  I'm grateful for every pound and every moment I'm living in right now.

1 comments:

Truth Teller said...

Fabulous! I know how you feel with the mirror! :D

Post a Comment