Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clothes mocking you in the closet

If you're anything like me, you have a closet full of clothes of varying sizes.  Of course, there are the clothes that fit you now, the clothes that you "almost" fit into, those that you aspire to fit into one day and, perhaps, the occassional item that is a little too big that you keep around for those "just in case times".  As I have been losing weight, I have been working hard at being diligent about getting rid of clothes that I no longer need to hang onto.  I don't intend on gaining the weight back, so why leave clothes around that would lend to that?  I do have one outfit I have kept, which is the one that I did my body assessment in, the biggest size I've ever worn.  I just need to always remember where I came from.

So tonight, I was going through my closet because I've got a few items in there that I've always had stashed in the corner that were a dream to get into ... the things that I couldn't get halfway up my leg or barely over my head that had no hope of ever buttoning or zipping.  I am happy to report that tonight, everything in my closet either fits or is too big no me.  Some things, in fact, didn't even get any wearing time because they went from too small on me to way too big without even seeing the light of day.  This is just utterly amazing, that's all I can say.  I sometimes wonder how on God's green earth this is happening.  All I know is that it is!  Grateful doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. 

2 comments:

Truth Teller said...

That is the BEST feeling! Congratulations!!

Melissa said...

Wonderful news!!! Like you, I have the different clothing sizes ready. Not the really small things, because I gave up hope ever wearing them again. I regret giving them away, but that's okay -- I'll get something new! Bask in the amazement and glory of all of this. You are doing a wonderful job and it shows! Congrats!

Post a Comment