Saturday, May 12, 2012

Treating myself

I decided to reward myself for the weight loss so far.  I have to honor this process and not treat it like it's no big deal because it most definitely is a big deal.  At the same time, I also need to not focus on food-related rewards.  Many wonderful people have been giving me clothes, so I have a huge wardrobe of varying sizes, just waiting for my body to catch up.  I've gone down from a size 32 to a 24, even if my head doesn't recognize that fact yet.  I was stuck in a 32 for a very long time, seeming to only go up and not down.  So I didn't think I needed to buy any clothes. 

As many of you know, I'm a walker.  That's how I get my exercise in and I love listening to music as I hit the pavement.  It gets me really moving out there, almost jogging.  Who knows, in time I may do that but I'm not there yet.  I have a little MP3 player that I've had for several years and always wanted an iPOD.  So that's what I went out and bought myself today, an orange iPOD Shuffle just like you see here.  This thing is so tiny but I already love it.  In fact, I went exercising this morning before I bought it and now I want to go out again just so that I can strut down the street listening to music on it.  I wonder what fun thing I can do for myself after the next hundred pounds are gone ;-)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

A wonderful treat! I want one too!

Kathy said...

You totally should get one Melissa. Target, $49. Of course they have some that are several hundred dollars worth, but I like this because it can clip onto my sleeve, it's really tiny and holds 2 gigs worth of songs. Makes walking on that treadmill more fun :-)

Post a Comment