Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Much improved

I had a much better day today.  My doctor is already starting me on a treatment plan, so I pick up some new medication tomorrow which will replace two pills I'm taking.  I like the two-for-one deal.  He has also referred me to physical therapy for my legs, which is a process but the ball is rolling.  In addition, he has given me the green light to continue on my current eating plan with my modified Optifast program.  He really is very supportive of what I'm doing with my weight loss and feels continued work in that area will only help me with pain management since the less weight that is resting on my knees, all the better.

Our little crew that goes on lunch walks got out today with someone new added to the mix and we were able to laugh, chat and just enjoy the sunshine.  It really helped me focus on good healthy actions to continue taking care of my body.  Ultimately, that is the most important thing for me to do.  When I got home, I got in goofball mode.  I recently bought myself a new iPhone 5 and started new service through a different cell carrier.  I'm playing with all the bells and whistles since my other phone was not near as fancy as this phone, one of which is the ability to take self portraits.  So I took a couple of me.  I haven't uploaded a face picture in a while, so here I am!


And here's one of Sasha, one of my two kitties, just cuz she was so cute.

All together now ... Awwww!!
 
I'm feeling like I'm in a good space for today.  Tomorrow I meet with the physical medicine doctor who has been working with me on back and neck pain I've been dealing with.  I do plan on updating her on  the recent diagnosis to see if that changes my treatment in that regard.  Onward and onward.

0 comments:

Post a Comment