Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Plugging along

Overall, I had a pretty good day today.  Checking in here everyday, even though it's only been a couple of days in a row so far, does help me.  My day was busy.  The kids will be returning at the high school where I work tomorrow, so of course there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes.  In comparison to other people, I wasn't crazed today but definitely busy in my own way.  When I got home from work, I fully intended to go do some exercise, but my body had other plans.  I did not sleep well at all last night and laying down on my bed for "just five minutes" turned into much longer.  Of course, if I needed it, then I needed it.  There is always tomorrow and I do have to remember that things don't have to be black or white.  If I don't get in the exercise at every moment that I intend to do it, it really is perfectly okay.

As a fun little side note not at all related to what I'm talking about right now, I did have someone flirt with me today that is younger than me.  It made me feel like a cougar, although this is way beyond that ... 13 years younger.  That felt wrong somehow, even though I know it's not, but it certainly was nice to feel pretty, especially when I have been particularly hard on myself lately.  I am trying to work on that, though, by catching any negative thoughts when they pop up and countering them with something positive and doing the best I can to take good care of myself.  Before I go to bed tonight, I will make my lunch for tomorrow so that I make good choices instead of going out to get something.  Or, worse yet, just having nothing at all. I do that, too, and that can be just as bad as choosing the wrong food.  Anyway, off I go to brown some ground turkey for my salad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment