Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hair does return after Optifast

I felt icky today so I decided to stay home from work. I had a really high fever this morning, pretty insistent coughing and I just couldn't sleep last night.  It was a good thing because my fever did go down and I was able to get some good sleep during the day.  It was very cute - I went to sleep and then woke up with both of my cats sleeping on my bed next to me.  Aw!!  As if they were watching over me.  That or I was sleeping in their spot.  Hmm.

My third day on JC has gone better.  I talked to my doctor's office and she does want me to add in some insulin in the mornings to regulate my numbers.  I can already see my numbers adjusting, even before starting the insulin, because while it was still high today it was not nearly as high as yesterday.  And I've discovered I've already lost four pounds since Saturday.  I'll take it!  My weigh-in at the center is not until Saturday morning, but it's a great start.

So, if you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I lost some hair from the products while I was on Optifast. At the time, I remember absolutely freaking out because it was very noticeable.  For a woman to lose hair so drastically is not socially acceptable and I always felt people looking at my head when they would talk to me.  Instead of looking at my chest, the attention was paid to my head.  That's just great.  At the time, I took vitamins to see what I could do to stimulate regrowth and even tried Ovation to help my hair come back.  I'm here to report to those of you who may be on Optifast now that your hair actually does come back.  I took a selfie picture today to post on my JC profile, so I'll do before and after shots below so that you can see for yourself.  Am I the bravest girl in the world or what??



It's shorter but you can clearly see my hair has come back.  Yay!  I was told by the Optifast clinic that it would come back and though it took a long time, they were right.  Now I'm moving forward with the weight loss in a way that I don't think will affect things like hair as drastically.  It is hard looking at a picture of myself with the weight gain, but it is what it is.  I can't erase the past, but I can move forward from here.  Outside of not feeling well today, I'm actually in a good place and looking forward to an even better day tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment