Monday, August 6, 2012

Progress continuing to be made

Tonight was my Optifast class and weigh-in.  I was initially a bit disappointed with my loss of 1.5 pounds this week, but it is that time of the month and so it's not unexpected.  The disappointment only lasted for about a minute because I have lost a lot of weight and an incredible amount of inches, so I am perfectly okay with where I am right now. 

When I do go to the clinic, I buy next week's products, get weighed in, get my vitals checked at the  nurse's station and then meet with the medical staff before then going to my class where we meet for two hours as a group.  I have been suffering from extreme lightheadedness for quite some time.  My water consumption is what they want it to be and I have been doing exercises they have asked me to do, but I'm still having the problem.  I feel like I am going to pass out almost every time I get up from a sitting or standing position.  It lasts for about 10-15 seconds and then goes away.  But, as you can imagine, it's concerning, especially since I feel like I could pass out.  The medical staff decided it was time I got off my blood pressure medication, which they have been weening me off of for a couple of weeks, since my blood pressure is a little bit on the low side coupled with the lightheadedness.  Except for the supplements they have put me on while I am on the Optifast product, I have now been taken off all the medication I was taking prior to starting Optifast.  The amount of medication I was taking, especially for someone so young, was substantial.  So now, to be off of all of it, is an incredible feeling.  Who knows what is going to happen with these medical concerns surrounding the sensation of passing out, but we're continuing to monitor it and I'll be referred back to my primary care physician if it doesn't get better.  This is precisely the reason I chose to do Optifast through my hospital's clinic - the full-circle medical monitoring they have given me during this process has been invaluable to me and I feel very safe under their care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment