Saturday, August 18, 2012

Felt smaller today

I went shopping to see if I could pick up a couple of tops, maybe a pair of pants and another belt (on my first two, I have gone from the smallest hole from the buckle to the biggest and am ready for the next size).  I just don't have much to wear these days that actually fits.  I'm either exposing bra straps because the tops are too big or my pants are mostly droopy.  So I went to a local mall that had a Nordstrom's Rack, Ross and Lane Bryant.  Figured there was something there I could get.  Among the things that I tried on were a pair of "skinny" jeans.  I've never worn those before.  It was an amazing experience for me.  I think it was really the first time where I actually felt smaller.  Not convinced myself that I was smaller, but felt smaller.  I took a few pics of me in the dressing room in the jeans. 


I can't believe those are my legs and that there's empty space between my thighs.  Yeah, okay, I have worked hard for them, but still!  This is actually happening, letting go of the weight and embracing a new me.  I didn't buy the jeans ... couldn't justify spending the $75 they wanted when I change sizes every 3-4 weeks or so.  Regardless, it was a fantastic experience for me and I am feeling incredibly grateful.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

You look fabulous! If I had the 75 bucks to give you, I'd send it out via Western Union! You look great in jeans. Hooray!

Post a Comment