Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Trying again tonight

I did not walk during lunch today at work because I had some things going on and I have to admit that I missed it.  While I may have been sweaty doing it yesterday, there were great benefits that I felt from doing it.  Tomorrow I'm planning on giving it another go.  It feels so good to take good care of my body, even on days when it hurts.  The same thinking revolves around my 100-day water challenge.  In fact, I posted on my Facebook page tonight and asked if anyone wanted to join.  There's about eight of us doing it at work and I find it so much easier to have the encouragement of co-workers, even if they roll their eyes at me as they walk to the bathroom.  Ha ha, I love it!  A few more people got on board, so we'll all be running to the bathroom together.  I do find it is so much easier to be healthy around other people when they are practicing healthy behaviors, too.  I'm trying to incorporate as many good habits now so that there isn't such a major adjustment when it comes time for the gastric bypass.

I did not use my CPAP machine last night.  I decided to give myself a break from it because I absolutely struggle to sleep with it on my face.  There is something preventing me from sleeping.  So I decided to go online to see if I could find any CPAP sleeping tips.  The common thread I saw was to actually not take a break from it and use it consistently every night, even if I struggle to fall asleep.  My biggest problem is either that I just can't go from being awake to actually falling asleep and then, when I do, the air obstruction wakes me up when I sleep on my back or side.  The advice was to get up and get away from the bed if I've been struggling to fall asleep after 30 minutes, go do something for a bit and then go back to bed when I'm ready to sleep.  But no matter what I do, I should not give up on it because anytime I take the nasal pillow off, the apnea returns.  Man, I don't like this at all!  I'm going to keep trying though and I'm sure it's gotta stick sooner or later.  I just pray it's sooner.

Water Challenge Day 16:  Drank 147 of 186 ounces

0 comments:

Post a Comment