Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hanging in there

The last couple of days have been tough.  The new pain medication I'm taking is allowing me to get sleep, which is wonderful, but it's leaving me feeling very groggy and nauseated.  That's not a good combo at all.  I just feel absolutely exhausted.  I'm trying to take good care of myself and sleep when my body is dictating it, but it's hard when I need to work during the day, especially when I need to be "on".  Today, for example, I was conducting a couple of workshops with students and parents and I was doing my best to be peppy and animated during the time with them.  Then, when I was done, the best I could do was get in my car, drive home and then sink into my couch. 

Earlier today, I received a call from my primary care doctor's office.  Some of the lab work is coming back abnormally high with my red blood cell count.  That doesn't sound very good at all.  I asked the nurse what it all means and she said it could be anything from arthritis in my joints where I'm having the leg pain or a type of red blood cell disease, but she would let the doctor make that decision.  So, at this point, she sent a message back to the doctor and it looks like I'm going to have to come in for an appointment.  I'm trying not to stress out about it because I just don't know what's going on right now.  All I know is I'm super tired and I just want to sleep.  Tomorrow I only have to work for a few hours and then I get to take the rest as a comp day.  So I plan on not doing anything for a while and maybe going for a long walk in the afternoon.  I knew something was not quite right with my body, I just didn't know what the problem was.  I'm hanging in there though, if just barely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment