Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekly weigh-in

I am not able to go to my group tonight, but I did go during lunch to weigh in and get my supplements for the next week.  When I got on the scale and did the calculations in my head, I thought I had lost 7 pounds all day long.  Goes to show I can't do math - it wasn't until I came to my computer to update my blog that I discovered I actually lost 8 pounds.  Well yee-haw!!  So I'm up to 53 pounds lost in 5 weeks.  That's pretty amazing.  What is even more amazing is what was going through my head as I was on the scale ... Oh, I hope I didn't gain any weight, I hope I at least stayed the same.  It was totally ludicrous.  Here I am, having just about 500 calories a day and I'm actually questioning if I lost weight?  I have not eaten anything I wasn't supposed to and I've been having my shakes religiously.  It's just the shitty committee in my head doing a number on me.  I need to do some more work around graciously accepting that I am losing weight and that I can finally acknowledge it is happening.  I have so much stress in my life right now, but that does not, in any way, take away from the weight loss.  It's a blessing and such a gift.  I really feel God's presence with me as I wade through this journey.  I don't do it alone.  I can't ever forget that very important lesson in my life.  I need to honor this process and say thank you more often.  So, thank you God!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment