Saturday, March 24, 2012

Happy?

This morning I decided to go for a walk to get some exercise in.  It's kind of dreary outside with rain expected tomorrow, but a perfect, cool day to walk around the neighborhood.  I got my tunes ready, put my hair in a ponytail and off I went.  My neighborhood is so interesting with a mix of condos, townhouses, mobile homes and detached homes.  There are always people out walking, jogging or playing with their children.  I did two miles, but it went by so quickly.  Music in my ears takes me to another place and this morning was no exception.  As I lose more weight, I notice how much easier it is to move around each time.  Bones are starting to appear on my body that are supposed to be there, like the ones around my wrist, ankles and collar.  I can feel my hips as I sway down the street.  I feel sort of like a bear coming out of hibernation.  I was hidden for so long, of my own choosing, but I can enjoy the beauty that surrounds me.  That includes myself.  There are things that are very beautiful about me.  I'm not talking physically (that would be conceited!), but I mean just about my spirit.  When I am happy, you can see it. 

Does this mean I am saying I am happy?  Actually ... yes.  I have a lot of things I am going through, but down deep, despite the challenges that I am facing, today I can honestly say am happy.  I have let the work thing go from the other day and I am putting me and my health as the number one priority.  No one else is going to do it for me, that's for sure.  I really feel God blessing me and I'm present enough to receive it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment