Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Checking in

I've been quiet for a few days, but nothing is wrong.  I'm studying for a midterm I have tomorrow night and then I have one next week on Thursday.  I generally post daily on my blog and I miss it when I don't do that.  Let's see, besides the studying, things have been pretty crazy at work.  We're in the middle of doing the California High School Exit Exam testing at the high school.  I don't administer the test but I do help with check-out and check-in which, is a very tedious and time-consuming process.  I haven't been sleeping very well, as has been my plight for a while now, so I'm just trying to keep my energy going for each day.  I do have to make sure I'm prioritizing with taking care of myself by eating when I should be eating, doing my best to get some sleep and just to remember to pace myself.  The times I can't get in my regular exercise has been difficult as well because when I don't get in enough, my pain in my legs is excruciating.  It's always painful but probably three times as worse when I don't have at least 30 minutes of exercise.  This is just another reminder of how important it is to take good care of ourselves, not just for our own health but for others around us.  When I'm in pain, I'm grumpy and a little short-tempered.  I try to stay on top of those emotions and not lash out at other people because it's not their fault that I'm in pain.  The days that I can get good exercise in and I'm able to eat my meals in regular intervals, it's as if I took some sort of happy pill.  I don't have to fake the smile or good disposition.  The other day, for example, I did a really good session of strength training at home where I was taking my time, stretching my body out and using my resistance bands.  Then I did an hour on the treadmill and really killed it.  I was walking at a 3.8 mph pace on that thing (hills included) for most of the hour with the warm-up and cool-down at a lower rate.  Don't ask me how, but I think those endorphins took over.  All I know is that it made me feel fantastic.  I love that feeling and am craving it right now.  Back to studying I go though.  Ho hum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment