Monday, November 11, 2013

My medical history

I contacted Kaiser today to sign myself for the next step towards the bypass surgery, which is to attend an information session.  During that workshop, they will go over the different choices available as well as discuss all facets of the surgery process.  I'm guessing they will likely have speakers who have had the various surgeries to share their experiences.  That info session is scheduled for Thursday, November 21st.  At the same time, I scheduled myself for a Lifestyle and Weight Management class on December 2nd, which is required prior to beginning the program.  There really are a lot of steps to this process.  I'm just hoping I can keep everything straight!

Thanks to those of you who have contacted me privately after I posted about wanting to pursue the surgery.  It's meant a great deal to have the support.  I've had some really great conversations with people who have already had the surgery and I was able to ask the questions that have been popping into my head.  As I shared in my last post, I am having peace around all of this.  I may not feel as peaceful on another day, but right now, in this very moment, I am at peace with my decision to move forward with the surgery.  One of the reasons for that is the potential relief from the many physical problems I deal with every day.  In an effort to be as transparent and honest as possible, here's a list of all of the various conditions from my Kaiser medical record:

ESSENTIAL HYPERTENSION
BURSITIS OF HIP
DIABETES TYPE 2 WITH DIABETIC PROTEINURIA
DIABETES TYPE 2 WITH PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY
DIABETES TYPE 2 LOW HDL AND HIGH TRIGLYCERIDE
OSTEOARTHRITIS OF KNEE
OBESITY, BODY MASS INDEX (BMI) 50-59.9
HISTORY OF MALIGNANT MELANOMA OF THE SKIN
SLEEP APNEA DISORDER
EDEMA (SWELLING), ARMS AND LEGS
DEPRESSIVE DISORDER
MYOFASCIAL PAIN SYNDROME
DEPRESSION MAJOR SINGLE EPISODE IN PARTIAL REMISSION

When I look at this list, it really is no wonder why I am seeking relief.  Having all of these things at one time is not conducive to a good quality of life.  I'm still a young person and I want to be around for a long time.  I can hardly believe I'm sharing all of this online, but here I am!  At this point, it doesn't seem like anything is off limits anymore.  Okay, you probably will never seem me in pictures bearing me in my underwear as some other people do on their sites.  I'm brave but not that brave.  I will be sharing my process with everyone, though, just as I did with Optifast and other programs.  It's what I need to do for me - full disclosure helps me to be honest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment