Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Doctor's appointment

My appointment at the doctor's office was difficult.  First of all, I was shocked when I got on the scale.  Either my scale at home is way off or the one at the doctor's office is.  It showed I weigh 416 pounds.  Talk about feeling that sting of tears.  How is this happening to me?  I know I have ultimate responsibility, but I wonder how I stopped looking in the mirror, kept looking away as my clothes grew bigger and where is that person who was once so alive?  I feel like a sideshow freak at the circus, "Come one, come all ... see the fat lady."  Ooh.  Aah.  Obviously my decision to pursue Optifast is the right one for my health.  Turns out that the bronchitis evolved into asthmatic symptoms, so I have a form of asthma that will eventually go away with treatment.  So I have a couple of inhalers.  I mean, when it rains it pours.  Yet, I am trying to stay as positive as possible.  I can't live in the world of negativity.  I have so many wonderful people in my life who love me no matter what and are there to support me 110%.  They give me so much strength and I am blessed by each and every one.  Things will get better, I know they will.  I have faith in that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment