Friday, November 7, 2014

Trying to find balance

Kathy has been a bad blogger!  I'm sorry.  Things are going not so great on the work front and fanatastic in my personal life.

I can't go into specifics in terms of what's been happening at work so I'll have to be in generalities.  My position is classified and not certificated.  However, there has generally been a healthy mutual respect.  Over the last 6 months or so, a certain group of certificated people have been treating me and a co-worker like shit lately.  After trying to ignore the problem, things have just gotten worse.  So we recently confronted them and got administration involved.  It's not just us who have been dealing with this.  Other people have used the word "toxic" when describing the work environment.  So anyway, we have stood up for ourselves. In some ways, things are better.  In others, not so much.  It's caused a great deal of stress and anger.  I'm trying my best to hang in there though.

And now onto the fantastic part!  I decided that it was time for me to start dating again.  It's been three years since I've been in a relationship so I was really nervous.  I decided to try online dating as a way to meet people.  The first day I signed up, I had 30 men contact me.  From the time I put my profile up until yesterday, I'd estimate 70 have contacted me.  It was absolutely overwhelming.  Some were trying to be scammers, but most were not.  I had my first date last night with a guy I really like. The whole day through, I had butterflies in my tummy.  He is 6'1" to my 5'10" so even that excited me.  His pictures did him no kind of justice.  He's very fit, sexy and just amazing.  I didn't feel self-conscious at all being around him.  And he told me how beautiful and gorgeous he thought I was often. Oh, then there's the age thing.  Friends, I am officially a cougar.  He is so much younger than me but you couldn't tell from how well we connected.  He was so sweet with me and we had a great conversation.  We already made plans for date number two next week.  No matter how bad things have been at work, being the target of affection with someone I'm so attracted  to just makes it so much better.  

So anyway. On the whole, things are fabulous!  I need to improve with my bad blogging habits.  I do have Blogger on my phone now so I can write from anywhere. Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you about your date!!

happyinca said...

What an exciting time!!!! I'm thrilled that you have some very positive, fun events there to counterbalance the hard times at work. Thank goodness. Hope it gets better there, though. Sometimes it just takes time. Hang in there babe!

Kathy said...

Thank you friends! The good is outweighing the bad by a long shot so I'm definitely hanging in there.

Beth Ann said...

Hoping that the work thing gets better. I know how much that sucks. But you go Cougar Girl!!!

Post a Comment